The Ontario's Highlands Tourism Organization has launched two new support programs designed to make it easier for you to take action on your ideas and implement some changes that will help build resiliency and sustainability in these uncertain times.
Tourism Recovery and Innovation Program (TRIP)
This program offers up to $30,000 in financial support for collaborative projects that will:
- increase the quality and quantity of outdoor experiences in the region;
- increase collaborative promotional initiatives around travelling safe and travelling local;
- increase community understanding of and support for the visitor economy;
- increase the quality and availability of the tourism workforce in the region;
- increase diversification of tourism businesses;
- support sustainability through strategic planning and research.
Applications are now being accepted and will be open as long as funds are available. Check out the program guidelines by clicking here.
OHTO Digital Marketing Support Program
COVID-19 has significantly accelerated consumer engagement with online sources of information. As this trend continues, the OHTO is excited to provide $100,000 to tourism operators looking to enhance their digital presence. Tourism businesses are encouraged to submit applications to receive up to $2,500 in financial support towards the costs of activities ranging from website enhancements, digital advertising campaigns, photo and video shoots, and more.
Applications will be accepted beginning at 9:00 am on October 15, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to check out the program guidelines in advance of the submission date by clicking here.