The following is a list of funding resources and supports we are aware of to help you grow your business. Please click on each link for more information about the program and how to apply.
TRIP – Partnership Projects: *NEW GUIDELINES RELEASED AUGUST 5, 2021* Intended for collaborative projects involving two or more partners. This program seeks to support projects that strengthen our sector and demonstrate consideration for the environmental, socio-cultural
and economic impacts associated with growing the visitor economy. TRIP - Partnership Projects should seek to incorporate one or more of the following principles of responsible tourism:
1) Inclusivity - the project supports diversity and inclusivity;
2) Community Alignment - the project meets the needs of visitors and enhances the quality of life of residents; and/or
3) Sustainability - the project outcomes provide long-term environmental, social-cultural and economic benefits to the community.
Project must be completed by March 31, 2021.
*NEW* TRIP – Capital Projects: Geared specifically to small to medium-sized tourism businesses, this program intends to offset up to 80% of eligible capital expenses incurred to modify operations to a maximum of $20,000 in non-repayable funding. Applications to this funding stream will be accepted beginning Jan. 15, 2021 and on an ongoing basis until Dec. 31, 2021, or until funds are depleted.
Digital Transformation Grant: Focused on providing qualifying brick-and-mortar small businesses with a digital assessment, online training and a one-time $2,500 grant to implement their Digital Transformation Plan
Tourism Relief Fund: Administered by Canada's regional development agencies and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), supports tourism businesses and organizations to adapt their operations to meet public health requirements while investing in products and services to facilitate their future growth. This fund will position Canada to be a destination of choice when domestic and international travel is once again safe by:
- empowering tourism businesses to create new or enhance existing tourism experiences and products to attract more local and domestic visitors; and
- helping the sector reposition itself to welcome international visitors by providing the best Canadian tourism experiences we have to offer the world.
For Profit Businesses and Not For Profits can apply. Application details can be found on-line. Please contact HCDC (email@example.com, 705-457-3555) or FedDev (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Jobs and Growth Fund: The Jobs and Growth Fund provides funding to businesses and organizations to help create jobs and position local economies for long-term growth. Businesses and not for profits are eligible.
- Activities that support the transition to a green economy, including those that:
- Activities that foster an inclusive recovery
- Activities that preserve Canada's competitiveness and future-proof SMEs through digital adoption
- Activities that strengthen capacity in sectors critical to Canada's recovery and growth
HCDC Covid Support: Is your business continuing to face challenges as a result of the Covid pandemic restrictions? Contact us to see whether our Covid Loan Program is a fit for your business. Sara Joanu, our Loans Officer, is available by calling 705-457-3555 or email email@example.com.
The Regional Opportunities Investment Tax Credit: This is a 10% refundable Corporate Income Tax credit for corporations that invest more than $50,000 to construct, renovate or acquire eligible commercial and industrial buildings in our region.
Ontario's Roadmap to Reopen - May 20, 2021: Summary of the Provinces current 3 step plan for reopening.
Reconnect Festival and Event Program: The Ontario government is investing $20 million through the Reconnect Festival and Event Program for eligible festivals and events taking place between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
Canadian Business Resilience Network: Canadian Chamber of Commerce resource to help the business community prepare, persevere and ultimately, prosper as we collectively face the COVID-19 pandemic.
Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program - HASCAP loans are for small and medium-sized businesses that have seen their revenues decrease by 50% or more due to COVID-19 and the global pandemic.