The Highlander is striving to be the future of community news. At the core of this business is The Highlander newspaper, a weekly community publication that has quickly become popular due to a combination of quality content and free distribution. The paper is complemented by their website, HighlanderOnline.ca and HighlanderTV, the county's first daily video news coverage. The Highlander graduated from the Haliburton Creative Business Incubator in 2011 and is currently located in the heart of the Haliburton Village at 195 Highland Street.
- To tell the story of Haliburton County each week
- To be a source of information and inspiration through stories and ideas
- To report on issues, people and events important to the community
- To reflect and promote pride in the culture, people and landscapes of the Highlands
- To encourage Highlanders to believe in themselves to make our place in the world better every
"The Incubator is a fantastic resource to get new companies quickly up and running. Access to decent office space can be difficult for start-ups; the incubator removes that barrier and lets them focus on their core business. We are lucky to have such a resource." - Bram Lebo, The Highlander