The Canadian Agricultural Partnership offers grants of up to 50% (25% to a maximum of $200,000 for equipment) towards increasing the sustainability, competitiveness and prosperity of Ontario’s agriculture and agri-food sector.
Eligible companies include food, pet-food and beverage processors, equipment and technology manufacturers, ornamentals (flowers, shrubs), agricultural-based supplements and bio-products processors, as well as other entities involved in the transformation of agricultural commodities and products.
Funding is offered for the following project categories*:
- Productivity Improvements:25% up to $200,000 to purchase technology to increase labour productivity
- Business Assessments:50% up to $15,000 for any start-up or scaling-up processing business that wants to identify or determine feasibility of growth and opportunities by analyzing trends, access to capital and business structure.
- Business Plans:35% up to $15,000 for established and new businesses for plans to increase or improve financial sustainability, address growth needs and opportunities, and define concrete next steps.
- Marketing Plans:35% up to $25,000 for established processors
- New Process or Product Development: 35% up to $75,000 for consultants and equipment to satisfy a new demand
- ERP System Implementation:35% up to $100,000
- Food Safety and Traceability Pre-Audit, Gap Assessment and Planning:45% up to $3,000 for companies with 100 or less employees
- Food Safety and Traceability System Improvements: 50% up to $75,000. For processors with 100 or less employees
- Food Safety and Traceability Training: 45% up to $1,500 for companies with 100 or less employees.
- Food Safetyand Traceability Equipment: 35% up to $10,000 for companies with 100 or less employees
- Ingredient Efficiency and Waste Reduction:25% up to $75,000 for technology that has been adopted by less than 20% of the Ontario sector
- Labour productivity Plans:50% up to $25,000
- Domestic Market Development:35% up to $50,000 for increasing Canadian market
- International Market Development:35% up to $75,000
- Technology to Reduce Plant Pest Contamination and Risk:35% up to $100,000
- Preventing Introduction and Spread of Pests through Isolation, Sanitation and Controlling Work Flow:35% up to $50,000
Costs incurred before receiving approval are ineligible for reimbursement (note: it typically takes roughly 3 months for a decision to be made). Applicants must operate in Ontario and be able to demonstrate potential annual income of at least $30,000 within three years of applying. Funding may not be used to promote Ontario products over those of other provinces/territories. A maximum of two applications may be submitted per intake. Next intake deadline is November 26, 2019.
*Please note that the information included in this bulletin reflects past intakes. Project categories, funding amounts and other program details will be confirmed November 4.
The post Funding for Food Processors! appeared first on INAC Services Limited.