The Haliburton County Development Corporation (HCDC) has launched a special COVID Edition of the Local Initiatives Program to support Not-for-Profit organizations adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recognize that many not-for-profit organizations are experiencing additional costs due to COVID-19 or are experiencing a loss of revenue due to cancelled programming or diminished fundraising revenue.
This program is to help Not-for-Profit organizations cover new expenses incurred to respond to COVID-19 protocols or to assist with fixed operating costs which cannot be covered due to loss of revenue. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that without this support, the organization would be faced with closures or cancelling programming.
It is highly recommended that applicants discuss the project with Autumn Wilson email@example.com or Jim Blake firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing an application to determine eligibility.
- New expenses incurred in response to COVID-19 protocols
- Personal protective equipment
- Plexiglass shields
- Office/building improvements to allow for physical distancing and/or ventilation.
- License for video conferencing service
- Training for staff or volunteers related to COVID-19 protocols
- Fixed operating costs required to keep the organization in working order.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Heat and Hydro
- Expenses related to direct programming
- Organizations must be able to demonstrate financial need for the support
- Expenses must be incurred before March 15, 2021
- The Local Initiatives Program may cover up to 100% of eligible costs
- Not-for-profit community organizations in Haliburton County
- For-profit Businesses
Please make sure to download the full Program Guidelines for more information about required documentation, available funding, and evaluation criteria.