If you are a Local Initiative Program recipient, you can access your report and claim forms right here!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING GROUPS WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL WITH THEIR LOCAL INITIATIVES PROGRAM APPLICATIONS!
|Abbey Gardens Community Trust||$4,000.00|
|Abbey Retreat Centre||$5,000.00|
|Haliburton Highlands Arts Centre Foundation||$5,000.00|
|Arts Council Haliburton Highlands||$2,500.00|
|CanoeFm - PPE||$2,500.00|
|CanoeFM - Website Enhancements||$4,706.60|
|Dorset Community Partnership Fund||$2,500.00|
|Drag & Spruce Lake Property Owners Association||$5,000.00|
|IncrEdible Haliburton County Farmers' Market||$3,218.40|
|Friends of Ecological and Environmental Learning||$3,625.00|
|Friends of the Rail Trail||$1,500.00|
|Halls Island Artist Residency||$1,800.00|
|Highlands Opera Theatre||$5,000.00|
|Highlands Summer Festival||$2,500.00|
|Haliburton Highlands Land Trust||$5,000.00|
|Haliburton Master Gardeners||$5,000.00|
|Places for People Haliburton County||$5,000.00|
|Rails End Gallery||$4,650.00|
|SIRCH Community Services||$5,000.00|
|Haliburton Highlands Sports Hall of Fame||$4,500.00|
|Studio Tour Haliburton Highlands||$5,000.00|
|The Cats of Paint Lake||$2,000.00|
|TOTAL LIP FUNDING||$85,000.00|
The purpose of the Local Initiatives Program is to strengthen Haliburton County communities by supporting community economic development projects that are incremental (new initiatives or enhancements/additions to existing activities) and strive to enhance the resiliency and vibrancy of the community.
- Contribute to the resiliency and vibrancy of the community;
- Be incremental (incremental is defined as a new initiative, enhance existing activities, in addition to existing activities);
- Involve not-for-profit organizations that strive to enhance the community economic development efforts of the community;
- Address the strategic priorities of the Haliburton County Development Corporation;
- Guarantee that the funding will not create a dependency on the corporation;
- Not produce market disruption.
- Organizations that have had their programming or service delivery affected by COVID-19 can apply for LIP funding to help mitigate the impact.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Alternative Program delivery systems for existing programs
- Personal protective equipment
- Plexiglass shields
- Office/building improvements to allow for physical distancing and/or ventilation.
- License for video conferencing service
- Training for staff or volunteers related to COVID-19 protocols
- Organizations that need assistance restarting their activities.
- HCDC staff are available to help brainstorm ideas.
- Costs must relate directly to the project activities. Capital and non-capital costs are eligible.
- Costs relating to COVID-19 mitigation (see above)
- Operating costs of ongoing operations.
- Wages for current staff. (Funding for current staff is only eligible if it is for additional hours required to undertake the project).
- Project expenses must be incurred between April 1, 2021 – March 15, 2022.
- The Local Initiatives Program may cover up to 100% of eligible costs.
- Projects requesting 100% must show in-kind contributions.
- Partnerships and other funding sources are encouraged.
- Not-for-profit community organizations in Haliburton County.
- For-profit Businesses
The intake for this program is now closed.
If your not for profit organization is in need of support
please contact Heather Reid firstname.lastname@example.org