Now accepting applications for 2021/2022!
Completed applications must be submitted to HCDC by March 15th, 2021
To receive feedback on your application, it must be submitted by March 8th, 2021
The purpose of the Local Initiatives Program is to strengthen Haliburton County communities by supporting community economic development projects that are incremental (new initiatives or enhancements/additions to existing activities) and strive to enhance the resiliency and vibrancy of the community.
It is highly recommended that applicants discuss the project with Autumn Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Blake email@example.com prior to completing an application to determine eligibility.
- Contribute to the resiliency and vibrancy of the community;
- Be incremental (incremental is defined as a new initiative, enhance existing activities, in addition to existing activities);
- Involve not-for-profit organizations that strive to enhance the community economic development efforts of the community;
- Address the strategic priorities of the Haliburton County Development Corporation;
- Guarantee that the funding will not create a dependency on the corporation;
- Not produce market disruption.
- Organizations that have had their programming or service delivery affected by COVID-19 can apply for LIP funding to help mitigate the impact.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Alternative Program delivery systems for existing programs
- Personal protective equipment
- Plexiglass shields
- Office/building improvements to allow for physical distancing and/or ventilation.
- License for video conferencing service
- Training for staff or volunteers related to COVID-19 protocols
- Organizations that need assistance restarting their activities.
- HCDC staff are available to help brainstorm ideas.
- Please contact Autumn or Jim to determine the eligibility of your project.
- Costs must relate directly to the project activities. Capital and non-capital costs are eligible.
- Costs relating to COVID-19 mitigation (see above)
- Operating costs of ongoing operations.
- Wages for current staff. (Funding for current staff is only eligible if it is for additional hours required to undertake the project).
- Project expenses must be incurred between April 1, 2021 – March 15, 2022.
- The Local Initiatives Program may cover up to 100% of eligible costs.
- Projects requesting 100% must show in-kind contributions.
- Partnerships and other funding sources are encouraged.
- Not-for-profit community organizations in Haliburton County.
- For-profit Businesses
Please make sure to download the full Program Guidelines for more information about required documentation, available funding, and evaluation criteria.