Eastern Ontario Development Program
Intake for the Eastern Ontario Development Program is now closed.
Don't be discouraged! HCDC provides a wide range of business support services that you can access for free! You can contact us at any time to talk about your project ideas, business expansion, etc. and we will be happy to help you in any way we can!
FedDev Ontario collaborates with Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) in Eastern Ontario and the Eastern Ontario CFDC Network Inc, to promote the growth of new and existing businesses in rural communities through the Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP). The EODP funds projects in two streams; business development and community innovation. Each stream has the same overall principals. Guidelines, funding criteria and eligibility vary slightly for each steam.
The Eastern Ontario Development Program supports initiatives which:
- Promote the growth of new & existing businesses;
- Advance community-led economic development to enhance and diversify our local economy;
- Create new, sustainable jobs in Haliburton County.
Through EODP, HCDC will focus on:
- Existing businesses focused on market expansion and innovation that will create new sustainable jobs;
- New innovative businesses that will create new sustainable jobs;
- Research and development that has a strong potential for creation of new products and services;
- Collaborative efforts to undertake broad initiatives with a strong potential of leading to new business opportunities and new wealth in the community;
- Business sectors where there is a strong potential for growth.
- This is a five year program, started in 2014;
- A project can be for one year or multi-year; All projects must be complete by December 31 2018
- EODP will contribute up to 50% of the cost of a project with a maximum contribution of $100,000;
- Applicants must contribute at least 50% in cash to each project.
| Eligible Expenses
|| Ineligible Expenses
- Non-capital expenses
- Captial expenses except for construction of new buildings
- Renovations which contribute to the generation of additional revenue, creation of new jobs or support the development of new products or services.
- Development of basic websites
- Core operating expenses
- Municipal infrastructure
- Construction of new buildings
- Renovations that don't contribute to the generation of additional revenue, creation of new jobs, or support the development of new products or services.
Guidelines for Expenses Claim forms for Approved Projects:
Expense claim form