Local Initiatives Program Funding (LIP)
Application intake is now closed
Congratulations to this year's funding recipients!
- Abbey Gardens (2)
- Arts Centre Foundation
- Arts Council - Haliburton Highlands (2)
- Central Food Network
- Friends of the Rail Trail
- Haliburton County Farmers' Market
- Haliburton Highlands Green Burial Society
- Haliburton Highlands Land Trust
- Haliburton Sculpture Forest
- Highlands Little Theatre
- Highlands Summer Festival
- Places for People Haliburton Highlands
- Roundtable for Ending Poverty
- Those Other Movies
- Volunteer Dental Outreach
The purpose of the Local Initiatives Program (LIP) is to strengthen Haliburton County by supporting community economic development projects that are incremental (new initiatives or enhancements/additions to existing activities) and strive to enhance the resiliency and vibrancy of the community.
Please contact our staff, Autumn Wilson or Jim Blake to discuss your project and any other funding opportunities available.
- Contribute to the resiliency and vibrancy of the community;
- Be incremental (incremental is defined as a new initiative, enhance existing activities, in addition to existing activities);
- Involve not-for-profit organizations that strive to enhance the community economic development efforts of the community;
- Address the strategic priorities of the Haliburton County Development Corporation;
- Guarantee that the funding will not create a dependency on the corporation;
- Not produce marketing disruption.
- Organizations that have had their programming or service delivery affected by COVID-19 can apply for LIP funding to help mitigate the impact. For example, funding could be used for alternative program delivery systems for existing programs, purchasing technology or communication channels to carry on your mandate, expanding your web presence, etc.
- HCDC staff are available to help brainstorm ideas.
- Please contact Autumn or Jim to determine eligibikity of your project
- Costs must relate directly to the project activities. Capital and non-capital costs are eligible.
- Development of basic websites (website enhancements are eligible)
- Operating costs of ongoing operations
- Wages for current staff (funding for current staff is only eligible if it is for additional hours required to undertake the project)
To discuss the process and find out more about the Local Initiatives Program please contact Autumn at email@example.com or Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org