Local Initiatives Program Funding (LIP)
Now accepting applications!
We are now accepting applications for the Local Initiatives Program for 2019-2020.
Application deadline: April 5, 2019
It is recommended that applicants discuss their project with Autumn Wilson or Jim Blake prior to completing an application to ensure it fits the criteria.
Please make sure to read the Guidelines before completing an Application.
The HCDC created the Local Initiatives Program to strengthen Haliburton County communities by supporting community economic development projects that are incremental (a new initiative, enhance existing activities or in addition to existing activities) and involve not-for-profit organizations that strive to enhance the economic development efforts of the community.
- Not-for-profit community organizations in Haliburton County.
- For-Profit Businesses
|| Ineligible Expenses
- Eligible costs may include any direct capital or non-capital cost of the project.
- Must relate directly to the project activities.
- Development of basic websites.
- Operating costs of ongoing operations.
- Wages for current staff.
- The project must take place between April 1, 2019 – March 15, 2020;
- The Local Initiatives Program covers up to 80% of eligible costs. In some cases 90% could be covered if there are significant in-kind contributions (recipients must contribute a minimum of 10% of project costs in cash in this case).
- Partnerships and other funding sources are encouraged.
To discuss the process and find out more about the Local Initiatives Program please contact the HCDC office at: (705) 457-3555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org