The Haliburton County Development Corporation is a community-driven agency that supports economic development and encourages the development, implementation and sustainability of initiatives that contribute to job creation, a resilient, vibrant community and a healthy natural environment.
HCDC works with its community partners to build a resilient and vibrant community and contribute to the creation of jobs, growth and prosperity through a set of strategic priorities.
2020 - 2023
- Encourage and support innovation, diversification and sustainability for new and existing businesses.
- Support research that has the potential of leading to the development of innovative projects.
- Work closely with post-secondary institutions on the development of initiatives that will increase the number of students engaged in studies in the County and will provide the infrastructure required to support this growth.
- Investigate opportunities and support initiatives that will attract investment and partners to create a mix of housing in designated settlement areas and other suitable locations.
- Identify opportunities and encourage and support new initiatives in business and community development that have strong potential for creating sustainable jobs and attracting professionals of all ages to Haliburton County.
- Work with municipalities and business associations to assist in creating conditions that will attract new businesses to Haliburton County.
Culture & Tourism
- Support the development of partnerships and initiatives that animate the cultural life of the community.
- Support the County of Haliburton and community partners with initiatives that promote and develop tourism opportunities in the areas of outdoor adventure, arts and culture, and culinary experiences.
- Support collaborative efforts of stewardship and environmental organizations to ensure the health of Haliburton County's lakes, forests, and ecosystems.
- Encourage and support initiatives of organizations and businesses that will lessen the carbon footprint of individuals, households, businesses and institutions in Haliburton County and contribute to the development of businesses that address environmental challenges and climate change.