Due to COVID-19 safety measures, there are currently no spaces available at the HCDC Business Incubator.
The HCDC Business Incubator focuses on businesses involved with digital media, innovation, hi-tech and creative production. We are happy to talk to anyone interested in starting a new business in Haliburton County.
HCBI provides new and emerging businesses with flexible, affordable space; ready access to business support and mentoring, fibre optic broadband service (100 mg parallel), Wi-Fi, and an environment conducive to entrepreneurial growth in a central location in the village of Haliburton.
Since the Incubator opened in July of 2010, we have nurtured twelve new businesses which have created over 20 new jobs in the community.
Four options for Incubator clients
- Dedicated office space in the Incubator, Ongoing mentoring
- Participation in the Incubator Program with off-site work space
- Venture Desk – a dedicated desk in a co-working space, access to private meeting room (three-month booking)
- Use of the Hot Desk (access to Wi-Fi) and access to private meeting room (monthly booking)
The HCDC Incubator is located in the downtown of village of Haliburton at a highly visible location at one of the town's main intersections. When the old library building became available, HCDC renovated it to create attractive offices and facilities for the Incubator. The Municipality of Dysart et al provides the building for use as a business incubator, at cost, to HCDC.
Our work space consists of:
- Three office spaces
- 190 square feet (inside window only)
- 190 square feet (outside and inside windows)
- 425 square feet (outside and inside windows) includes co-working space for Venture Desks
- A Common Area
- A lower level meeting room and storage space
- Four Hot Desks in the Common Area
In the common space there are four Hot Desks (for clients who do not need a fixed work space) and space to have lunch (with microwave and coffee maker and water cooler).
There are washrooms on the main floor and in the lower level.
Clients are responsible for their own telephones, office equipment and office furnishings. Clients are also responsible for the cleaning of their office or work space.
NOTE: Hot Desks are not currently available due to COVID-19 restrictions.