NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Space availability is dependent on current COVID-19 protocols and restrictions.
Please contact Heather (email@example.com) to discuss current availability.
The HCDC Business Incubator provides new and emerging businesses with flexible, affordable space; access to business supports and mentoring, fibre optic broadband service (100 mg parallel), Wi-Fi, and an environment conducive to entrepreneurial growth in a central location in the village of Haliburton.
Selected Incubator Clients enroll for a period of two years, with a third year option (on approval), after which they advance from the program. It is our hope that those completing the program will have found a perfect home for their business or professional practice and continue in their growth without the support of the HCDC Business Incubator.
Since the Incubator opened in July of 2010, we have nurtured twelve new businesses which have created over 20 new jobs in the community.
There are different ways to be involved with the Incubator:
- Incubator Client
- Dedicated office space in the Incubator, Ongoing mentoring; or
- Participation in the Incubator Program with off-site work space
- Venture Desk Client (three month booking) – a dedicated desk in a co-working space, access to private meeting room
- Use of the Hot Desk (monthly booking) - Use of the Hot Desk (access to Wi-Fi) and access to private meeting room
The HCDC Business Incubator is not suitable for businesses involved in storefront retail activities or manufacturing.
Due to the co-working environment, Venture Desks and Hot Desks are not suitable for individuals who need privacy or quiet working space on an ongoing basis.
The HCDC Incubator is located in the downtown of village of Haliburton at a highly visible location at one of the town's main intersections. When the former library building became available, HCDC renovated it to create attractive offices and facilities for the Incubator. The Municipality of Dysart et al rents the building to HCDC for use as a business incubator.
Our work space consists of:
- Three office spaces
- 190 square feet (inside window only)
- 190 square feet (outside and inside windows)
- 425 square feet (outside and inside windows) includes co-working space for Venture Desks
- A Common Area
- A lower level meeting room and storage space
In the common space there are four Hot Desks (for clients who do not need a fixed work space) and space to have lunch (with microwave and coffee maker and water cooler).
There are washrooms on the main floor and in the lower level.
Clients are responsible for their own telephones, office equipment, and office furnishings. Clients are also responsible for the cleaning of their office or work space.
There is a ramp for entry into the building.
NOTE: Hot Desks are not currently available due to COVID-19 restrictions.
How to Get Involved
If you are interested in learning more, we encourage you to contact Heather Reid firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-457-3555.
For Incubator Clients, Venture Desks, and hot Desks:
- Complete the Application and submit it by e-mail to: email@example.com
- Our Incubator Committee will review your application to determine if your proposed business is a potential fit for the Incubator.
- Heather will follow up to discuss further.
Additionally, for potential Incubator Clients:
- If your business meets the criteria, and you are still interested, you will be asked to submit:
- Personal/professional resume
- Current business plan or your business proposal. *There is a sample Business Plan Outline
- Current financial statement (personal or business)
- Two (2) references - 1 personal, 1 professional
- The Incubator Committee may request additional information to establish or verify that the minimum qualifications are satisfied.
- You will be invited for an interview with the Incubator Committee and the Coordinator