Business Expansion & Innovation Program
The application intake is now closed for the Business Expansion & Innovation Program (BEIP) for 2019-2020.
The purpose of the Business Expansion and Innovation Program (BEIP) is to promote the growth of new and existing businesses and social enterprises in Haliburton County. Priority will be given to applications with a focus on innovation.
What is Innovation?
Innovation generates value through the successful creation and commercialization of:
- a new product or service
- the application of a new process
- the adoption of new technologies, models, structures or methodologies,
- access to new markets
- implementation of new ways to collaborate and communicate
It is focused on making businesses, organizations and communities more adaptive, effective, profitable, and sustainable by creating new wealth, new jobs and contributing to economic advancement and the industries of the future.
Congratulations to this year's funding recipients:
- Artech Studios
- Biothermic Wood Energy Systems
- Boshkung Brewing Co.
- Cottage Care Rentals
- Fort Treehouse Company
- FRESH @ Killara Station
- Haliburton Forest
- Haliburton Guitar Studio
- Haliburton Highlands Brewing
- Highland Technical
- Haliburton LaunchPad
- Living Stone Naturals
- Mary's Majikal Meadow
- Mathew & Madlyn
- Mill House Design
- PAWS @ Killara Station
- Places for People
- Raisin the Root
- SHE Lifts Off Films
- Tracy Nesbitt Logging
- Winterdance Dogsled Tours
- Yours Outdoors
Guideline for Expenses:
Expenses Claim Form:
Mileage Claim Form:
Labour Claim Form:
|| Ineligible Expenses
- Marketing & Trade Shows
- Other non-capital expenses
- Capital expenses (except for construction of new buildings and land acquisition)
- Renovations (only eligible if they lead to the generation of additional revenue, the creation of jobs, or support the development of new products or services)
Please Note: All costs must be incremental. Labour must be in addition to existing positions. Expenses incurred on and after April 1, 2019 and before the completion date are eligible.
- Development of basic websites
- Core operating expenses
- Construction of new buildings or land acquisitions
Note: Funds received cannot provide direct benefit through employment or contract of services to direct relatives (parent, sibling, spouse, child etc.) of the business owners and/or managers.
Available Funding and Funding Criteria:
- The duration of projects must be between April 1, 2019 and March 15, 2020 . The HCDC contribution may be up to $5,000 per project. Projects must be completed by March 15, 2020.
Maximum Contribution and Matching Funding
- The maximum amount of funds that can be allocated per project is up to $5,000. Applicants and their contributing partners must contribute a minimum of 50% of project costs in cash.
To discuss the process and find out more about the Business Expansion & Innovation Program please contact the HCDC office at: (705) 457-3555 or email email@example.com
This program is supported in part by FedDev Ontario.